Digital Careers meets Shan Flynn – senior HR professional
In this video, my guest is Shan Flynn, experienced international human resources professional and we discuss: ‘How gender diversity within Data & Tech can be resolved’
I was pleased to be joined on the show by Shan Flynn, who is an experienced human resources professional having worked in prominent HR roles with Ford and Boots in the UK before becoming global HR Head at AS Watson (part of Hutchison-Whampoa) in Hong Kong and then leading Walmart China’s HR function. She was appointed Global CHRO of Adecco Group, one of the world’s largest staffing groups, based in Zurich in 2016 where she still lives and runs her own advisory firm ShanthiFlynn.com
Shan and I discussed several themes including why some industry sectors face such a gender imbalance
• Why the data and technology sector attracts such a small percentage of women – data suggesting under 20% of the tech workforce in the UK is female
• Why organisations should be concerned other than ‘being seen to do the right thing’
• How the data & tech industry can address the imbalance and what individuals themselves can do to help change the direction of travel?
• Shan offers her career advice to help women (and men) advance their digital career
• She finally provides some tips on where she’d be channelling her energy to address gender imbalance if she was CHRO of a company hiring in digital.
About BartonRock: We are the executive search partner for companies where data-driven digital leadership is intrinsic to growth.
We manage the careers of leaders whose know-how and commercial acumen within digital steers the strategic direction and future survival of companies.
Our assignments search for executives who understand how to implement and lead data-centric digital agendas.
For more information visit: www.bartonrock.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 8092 6048.
You can also subscribe to BartonRock’s Digital Careers podcast by visiting Apple Podcasts
Looking for support in Leadership Effectiveness? Speak to our sister company www.newlandrock.com led by Kate Thomas
Focused on Assessment | Executive Coaching | Wellbeing Solutions – Internationally.