How data has changed the job of the CMO
In this video my guest is Gareth Jones, former-Chief Marketing Officer for ebay UK and we discuss: ‘How data has changed the job of the CMO’.
In this week’s episode of ‘Digital Careers – Meets’ we discuss How Data has changed the job of the Chief Marketing Officer.
My guest is Gareth Jones, former-Chief Marketing Officer for the UK at eBay and who has been working in the marketing industry for over 20 years, much of which has been spent in digital. His career also includes stints with Compare the Market and Carphone Warehouse.
In this episode we cover:
• How data binds marketing and the wider organisation together creating an increased convergence between functions
• The collapse of the ‘customer funnel’ with a greater focus on audience being fuelled by data
• Opportunities for marketers to harness data to better understand and target customers as well as personalise the consumer experience
• The six foundational pillars of data within a consumer-driven company
• How COVID-19 is accelerating the shift to digital
• The less linear nature of digital career paths
• Advice for organisations to think more laterally with digital hiring decisions to create opportunities for a broader cross-section of talented people
About BartonRock: We are the executive search partner for companies where data-driven digital leadership is intrinsic to growth.
We manage the careers of leaders whose know-how and commercial acumen within digital steers the strategic direction and future survival of companies.
Our assignments search for executives who understand how to implement and lead data-centric digital agendas.
You can also subscribe to BartonRock’s Digital Careers podcast by visiting Apple Podcasts
Focused on Assessment | Executive Coaching | Wellbeing Solutions – Internationally.