What Is Disrupting Our Top Tech Talent?
How Can You Protect Your Top Digital Talent from The Great Resignation?
I was recently a guest on Kate Thomas’ Leadership Effectiveness Podcast where we discussed the impact the Great Resignation is having on the digital and tech sector.
• Research indicates that 40% of the workforce is considering leaving their employer this year
• In the data, digital and tech sectors, turnover is showing signs of picking up pace
• Individuals are looking to shift gear and search for new opportunities where they can jump into smaller, earlier stage tech companies with greater influence and impact on decision making
• Whilst financial drivers are still important when making a decision, the driver behind increasing numbers of candidates is currently a greater level of balance
• Top talent don’t want to fall behind in terms of skills development and growth opportunities in digital
• The need for companies to be proactive with their talent retention strategies is going to be crucial in the early part of 2022.
A few key questions I would be asking are:
❓Do you know the market worth of the best people you employ? Are you in-line with that?
❓Are you using your valued people to the full range of their skills and capability?
❓What’s their path for progression?
❓What do they want out of you as an employer?
For more tips on Leadership Effectiveness please subscribe to The Newland Rock Leadership Effectiveness podcast on all streaming platforms.
About BartonRock: We are the executive search partner for companies where data-driven digital leadership is intrinsic to growth.
We manage the careers of leaders whose know-how and commercial acumen within digital steers the strategic direction and future survival of companies.
Our assignments search for executives who understand how to implement and lead data-centric digital agendas.
You can also subscribe to BartonRock’s Digital Careers podcast by visiting Apple Podcasts